Taking care of your skin with seasonal changes is essential to maintain healthy skin. Monsoon brings humidity and dampness that can take a toll on your skin. To keep your skin glowing and well-nourished during this season, why not try a little DIY skincare magic? Here’s when body butters come to the rescue. They deeply hydrate, moisturise, and act as a protective barrier against the monsoon's excess moisture.
DIY Body Butters To Make At Home
DIY body butter is a creamy mixtuire that is a blend of nourishing oils and butter that work together to deeply hydrate your skin and lock in moisture. Here are some recipes to make body butter at home.
DIY Cocoa Butter Delight
Cocoa butter is a superhero of skincare ingredients. Its rich texture and ability to deeply moisturise make it a perfect base for a DIY body butter. To create your cocoa butter delight, you'll need:
- ½ cup cocoa butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup sweet almond oil
- 10-15 drops of your favourite essential oil (like lavender or citrus)
- Start with melting the cocoa butter in a microwave. Heat it in a double boiler.
- Mix in the coconut oil and sweet almond oil, and let the mixture cool down.
- Next, add your chosen essential oil for a delightful fragrance.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator to solidify slightly.
- Whip the mixture using a hand mixer until it turns fluffy and light.
- After preparing the mixture, transfer the whipped body butter into a clean jar.
Nourishing Shea Butter
Shea butter is another superstar when it comes to skincare. Its deep moisturising and healing properties make it a fantastic choice for a nourishing body butter. Here's how you can make your shea butter bliss:
- ½ cup shea butter
- ¼ cup jojoba oil
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- Gently melt the shea butter using a double boiler or microwave.
- Add the jojoba and grapeseed oils to the melted shea butter and mix well.
- Allow the mixture to cool down and add the lavender essential oil.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator until it starts to set around the edges.
- Keep whipping the mixture until it becomes creamy and fluffy.
- Transfer the whipped body butter to a clean container.
Coconut Lime DIY Body Butter
If you're looking for a tropical twist, a coconut lime body butter can transport you to a refreshing oasis.
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup shea butter
- 10-15 drops of lime essential oil
- Melt the coconut oil and shea butter using a double boiler or microwave.
- Let the mixture cool slightly and add the lime essential oil.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator until it becomes partially solid.
- Whip the mixture until it becomes light and airy.
- Transfer your coconut lime dream body butter into a clean container.
Using Your DIY Body Butter
After creating your DIY body butter, it's time to pamper your skin. You should apply body butter after a shower or bath. Massage it gently until it's absorbed, focusing on areas prone to dryness. The nourishing oils and butter will help seal moisture and leave your skin feeling velvety soft and hydrated throughout the day.
[Disclaimer: This article contains information for informational purposes only. Hence, we advise you to consult with your expert before applying anything on your skin, especially if you are dealing with any skin issue.]